Shimla - Shimla is Situated at an altitude of approx. 6500 ft above sea level, is the capital of the North Indian State of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla was the former official summer capital of the Government of India right up until 1947, when India gained Independence. Shimla was originally a small hill village named after the goddess Shamla Devi, a manifestation of Kali. Discovered by the British in 1819, it became a popular refuge from the heat of the plains of North India. By 1830, it has become established as a favourite hill-station. In 1903, a railway line was laid, connecting it to the plains, and thus making it easily accessible. Shimla's salubrious climate helps make it a year-round destination.
Manali - Manali, situated at an elevation of around 1950 m above sea level, is counted among the most famous tourist attractions in Himachal Pradesh. A part of the Kullu district, it is approximately 250 km away from the state capital, Shimla. According to the Hindu mythology, Manali got its name from Manu, the lawgiver of India appointed by Brahma, the God of Creation. It is believed that Manu arrived in the region after 7 cycles of creation and destruction. Manali is also considered to be the holy abode of 7 revered sages belonging to the Hindu religion.
Package Itinerary (Splendid Himachal)
Day 1 – Delhi to Shimla (341 Kms/8hrs)
On the day of arrival at New Delhi airport, Our representative will meet you and transfer you directly to Shimla by road. One of the most popular hill station in North India. Shimla is a town situated at an altitude of 6810 ft and is capital of an India State, Himachal Pradesh. Initially Shimla was chosen as a sanatorium for invalid European officers, but soon developed into a big hill town and became the summer capital of the India. Upon arrival check in to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2 – Shimla Sightseeing
After refreshment & breakfast, leave for a full day Shimla sightseeing Tour & nearby places.
Sightseeing Places in Shimla
- Kufri Its is a mesmerising hill station 15 kms far from Shimla city, for those who love adventures and trekking, Kufri is a blessing of Shimla Manali Tour Packages, with snow capped mountains of Himalayas one can have fun & frolic feel, Although it is a year-around destination, but the best time for snow lovers & adventure seekers are December January and February. on the way you can take a picture on Himalayan Yak to make your Shimla Manali Tour Package memories memorable
- Mahashu Peak is 2.2 Kms from kufri, as the path is muddy you can hire a horse or mule to reach the top. its the highest point of Kufri, you can witness the Badrinath and Kedarnath ranges from this top, during winters you can enjoying skiing on the slop
- Adventure Resort or New Kufri fun campus, HIMACHAL’S FIRST ADVANCED AMUSEMENT PARK surrounded with great Hiking, skiing, beautiful scenes and loads of adventure that’s all about Kufri Fun campus. its famous for Zip Line 200M, Frish bee, Sky swinger, Go karting, the wave train, Kangaroo Jump, roller skating etc..
- Jakhoo Temple is dedicated to Hanuman Ji. It is situated on Jakhoo Hill, 2.5 km /1.3 miles east from the Ridge, At a height of 2,455 m above sea level, Its the highest peak of Shimla, to enjoy the Shimla town view you can also take a cable car (Jakhoo rope way ) its 6 minute ride from the ridge.There is also a nice theme park for children’s to play in the temple premises
- The Ridge road is a large open space, located in the heart of Shimla city capital of Himachal Pradesh. The Ridge is the hub of all cultural activities. its famous for shopping & amazing view if Himalayan Oak forest.
- Christ Church is the second oldest church in North India, after St John's Church in Meerut. It is a parish in the Diocese of Amritsar in the Church of North India , this yellow building is visible from far across in the Shimla city, this church has appeared in famous Bollywood movie 3 Idiots and many more movies.
- The Mall Is the main shopping hub for the travellers of Shimla Manali Tour Packages, which is located below the ridge, it is and perfect place to enjoy the relaxing walk with your partner. family or friends, vehicles are not permitted in the mall, you can do some window shopping and also can enjoy street food on mall road.
Overnight Stay at hotel
Day 3 - Shimla - Kullu - Manali (250 Km/7 Hours)
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and Proceed to Manali by road. On your way to Manali, visit the beautiful Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh. Later continue your drive to Manali. Upon arrival at Manali, check-in to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure, spend the rest of the day at Mall Road, a famous shopping destination in Manali. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 – Manali
Morning after a scrumptious breakfast drive for full day trip to Solang adventure Valley where you can admire the beautiful sights of the surroundings and can enjoy numerous adventure activities like rope way, zorbing, Paragliding etc. ( by own cost ). While in the winter, the same Solang Valley takes a shape of a Snowy Blanket, thus forming a perfect vista for several snow activities like skiing and snow scooter. While returning you can visit Him valley Amusement & Cultural Park, After enjoying the day outing return to hotel for Overnight stay.
- Rohtang Pass Trip Optional - You can also opt for Rohtang Pass Snow Point trip at direct payment basis by Taxi or by electric bus, Solang valley can be covered while returning from Rohtang pass
Day 5 – Manali Sightseeing
After Breakfast leave for Half day Manali Local sightseeing tour.
Sightseeing Places in Manali:-
- Hadimba Devi Temple- is milestone in your Shimla Manali Tour Packages located 2.5 kms from Mall Road, temple is dedicated to Hadimba devi wife of Bhima and mother of Ghatothkach, temple is surrounded by cedar forest its a wonder for nature lovers
- Manu Temple- Unlike the other temples of its times, Manu temple isn’t for the weak-hearted. Reaching the structure, following a narrow road, in itself is a thrilling experience for most. However, for the adventurous ones, it’s a perfect blend of exploration and comfort. Constructed in pagoda style, the temple was built after King Manu who is known worldwide as the initiator of human race. you have to walk 10 to 15 minute up the hill to reach Manu temple
- Nehru Kund- its a natural spring in the region. Located at 6 km distance from City, it has been named after the late Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru. The Kund has derived its name from Nehru, as he used to drink water from it, its a natural cold water spring in Manali.
- Manali Gompa- A new monastery built in the 1960s. It is an important gathering place for Buddhists from Lahaul, Nepal and Tibet. The Gompa is Famous for its wall Paintings, chortens and a large statue of Lord Buddha. It is mostly visited by Couples, Families, Backpackers, Senior Citizens.
- Van Vihar- There is nothing more beautiful than the nature itself. But if you could add on a couple of man-made gems to it, the nature becomes even more beautiful. That is the story of Van Vihar too. Located in the heart of the mall road, Van Vihar is a municipality run public garden. It is famous far and wide for its Deodar trees and a manmade lake, built right in the middle of the forest. While the lush green trees provide the fresh air needed to rest and rejuvenate, the lake is a beauty to behold and get lost into. There are boats as well that let you travel through the Deodar forest and witness the charm of life & living firsthand. It is about 30 Rs. For 15 minutes of a boat ride.
Overnight Stay at hotel
Day 6 - Manali - Delhi ( 540 Kms /12 Hours approx)
After breakfast, Our representative will transfer you to Delhi. On arrival in Delhi, transfer to New Delhi Airport to board the flight to your home or onward destination.
Stay in touch with Blue Berrie Holidays!